NOTE: Becky Barbee is our Administrative Coordinator. Phone: 912-659-0562 — Email: email@example.com.
- Hospitality – A rotation of volunteers is wanted to make coffee, put out snacks, clear the tables afterwards, tidy up the kitchen, and empty trash and recyclables. Please speak with Becky, our Administrative Coordinator.
- Internet!!…Looking for someone who is ‘web savvy’ and wants to help with notifying our members via FaceBook, Twitter, etc. of our activities and events.
- Check out the Unity Choir and Music Team (we have lots of fun!) – click here for info
- Courtyard Books & Gifts – Great New CD’s and Books are in!! AND great gift items!! – click here for more info. NOTE: Two more volunteers are wanted to work once a month in the bookstore. Training is provided. The bookstore is open between Sunday services and after the 2nd service until about 1:00pm. Please talk Becky if you are interested. Bookstore volunteers enjoy a 20% discount on merchandise purchased.
- Courtyard Garden – Do you have a green thumb, or want to develop one? Be a volunteer gardener at UNITY! It’s time for a spring clean up and planting of early bloomers in the Rainwater Meditation Courtyard Garden. Spend time in the garden and bring a friend too!
Our youth department is asking for volunteers to help on occasional Sundays. Volunteering is fun and so rewarding. Do you want to be a positive role model? Please speak with Wendy about helping once or twice a month.
- Need a good book? Help yourself to a good book at the free book exchange in the Fellowship Hall! Keep it or pass it along to a friend. The bookshelf is next to the restroom in the Fellowship Hall.
- Best “job’!! Be a Greeter!! Fun and Easy!! Just ask for Becky – and you we only ask you to help once or twice a month.
Upcoming Events, Classes, and Special Guests
Wednesday, April 12th 6:30 – 7:30pm
OM Sound Meditation
You are invited to experience a sound meditation. OM is the sound of joy and love and harmony in your life, it is a natural sound of serenity and peace. You will be guided through each step along the way, no experience necessary, everyone is welcome. “A Course in Miracles” student, Marty Fall will be your guide. In this OM sound meditation, we will think about love and gratitude. In this sense, we will be bringing our focus into our love of God, into an understanding and appreciation of ourselves as spirit, as the Love of God we truly are! Join us to relax and enjoy a pleasant, calm, serene, and loving experience.
April 19th Easter Sunday
9:00 AM – Metaphysical Communion Service
10:00 AM – Easter Brunch
11:00 AM – Metaphysical Communion Service
12:00 PM – Easter Egg Hunt
Join your friends at Unity for this special celebration of Easter. Rev. Dale offers a metaphysical interpretation of the Easter story and the communion elements with the music and atmosphere that you love – a quiet 9 am service and an upbeat 11 am service. Bring a tasty dish to share at our Easter brunch. The Easter Bunny is here at noon with eggs for all the children.
Saturday, May 6th 10 am – 1pm Empathy and Wisdom – A Meditation Public Talk with American Buddhist Monk Kelsang Tabkay — $20/$15 for students & seniors
Opening our heart to others and letting the love flow becomes natural and easy when we can stop being so hung up on ourselves. In Buddhism, wisdom and compassion are said to be like 2 wings of a bird — our wisdom realizing the dream-like nature of our self and our compassion reaching out to others complement each other, flying us to the city of fulfillment and joy. In this teaching and guided meditation, we will practice an enjoyable and accessible meditation for opening our heart and deepening our wisdom, both at the same time! This is sure to give you food for thought and put a smile on your face. Everyone is welcome!
Kelsang Tabkay is an American Buddhist monk and the Resident Teacher at Kadampa Meditation Center South Carolina. Tabkay travels regularly throughout the Southeast, presenting Buddhism and meditation in an accessible and clear way, dedicating himself to bringing peace into the hearts of others.
Notice – To receive occasional reminders about Unity of Savannah’s upcoming events and happenings via text message, just use your mobile phone to text the message “UoS” (without the quotes) to the phone number 313131.
- A Bulletin Board by the Board in the Fellowship Hall. Church news, future plans, letters, financials, reports, and more.
- Artwork – We are fortunate to have many talented artists who lend their works of art to Unity’s Gallery! The artwork exhibited in the foyer, offices, and hallway is for sale by the artists. Informational labels are being prepared and will be posted soon. For now, please ask in the office if you are interested in the artist’s work and/or prices.
- Reserved Parking Spaces – Please honor the three newly designated Reserved Parking Spaces for handicap use. Thank you.
- Homeless Fund Donations – Remember the homeless and make a generous donation in the Donation Box in the sanctuary. The Little Red Wagon Courier Service distributes items of comfort and necessity every Saturday.
- Mid-Week Silent Unity Meditation Service – Thursdays – Noon-12:30pm
- Alcoholics Anonymous meetings – Thursdays and Saturdays – 7:00pm – Also: there is a meditation 6:00pm on Saturdays.
- Over-eaters Anonymous meeting – Fridays – 6:30pm
- Debtors Anonymous meeting – Sundays – 6:30pm
- Board Meeting – 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:00pm – church members may attend
- GUIDED MEDITATION AND DRUM CIRCLE – First Monday of each month: 6:30pm
- A Course in Miracles – group discussion – click link