NOTE: Becky Barbee is our Administrative Coordinator. Phone: 912-659-0562 — Email: email@example.com.
- Hospitality – A rotation of volunteers is wanted to make coffee, put out snacks, clear the tables afterwards, tidy up the kitchen, and empty trash and recyclables. Please speak with Becky, our Administrative Coordinator.
- Internet!!…Looking for someone who is ‘web savvy’ and wants to help with notifying our members via FaceBook, Twitter, etc. of our activities and events.
- Check out the Unity Choir and Music Team (we have lots of fun!) – click here for info
- Courtyard Books & Gifts – Great New CD’s and Books are in!! AND great gift items!! – click here for more info. NOTE: Two more volunteers are wanted to work once a month in the bookstore. Training is provided. The bookstore is open between Sunday services and after the 2nd service until about 1:00pm. Please talk Becky if you are interested. Bookstore volunteers enjoy a 20% discount on merchandise purchased.
- Courtyard Garden – Do you have a green thumb, or want to develop one? Be a volunteer gardener at UNITY! It’s time for a spring clean up and planting of early bloomers in the Rainwater Meditation Courtyard Garden. Spend time in the garden and bring a friend too!
Our youth department is asking for volunteers to help on occasional Sundays. Volunteering is fun and so rewarding. Do you want to be a positive role model? Please speak with Wendy about helping once or twice a month.
- Need a good book? Help yourself to a good book at the free book exchange in the Fellowship Hall! Keep it or pass it along to a friend. The bookshelf is next to the restroom in the Fellowship Hall.
- Best “job’!! Be a Greeter!! Fun and Easy!! Just ask for Becky – and you we only ask you to help once or twice a month.
Upcoming Events, Classes, and Special Guests
COFFEE AND TEA WITH REV D – TUESDAY, NOV 29TH
CHRISTMAS TREE DECORATING – SUNDAY December 4TH – following the 11am service.
VOLUNTEER DINNER – December 11TH – If you have given your time and talents in service to our church this year, we would like to honor you with a dinner on Sunday afternoon at 4:00 pm. You may bring a guest, just let us know when you sign up in the lobby.
BLANKET AND COAT DRIVE – We are partnering with Old Savannah City Mission to provide comfort and warmth for the homeless. PLEASE BRING CLEAN COATS AND BLANKETS, MENS, WOMENS, AND CHILDRENS to the fellowship hall.
TEENS and TWEENS MEETING – DEC. 18TH 11:00 AM
HOLIDAY CONCERT – SUNDAY DECEMBER 18TH AT 5:30pm
Holiday music with Dale, Kyle, the Spirit I AM Band, and soloists Jessica, Ranowul, and Debi Scott. We will have hot cider and cookies.
CHRISTMAS EVE 6:30PM – 8:30PM CANDLE LIGHTING SERVICE
CHRISTMAS DAY AND NEW YEAR’S DAY One Service Only at 11:00 AM. FAMILY WORSHIP, CHILDREN ARE INVITED.
New Text Message Service – To receive occasional reminders about Unity of Savannah’s upcoming events and happenings via text message, just use your mobile phone to text the message “UoS” (without the quotes) to the phone number 313131.
- A Bulletin Board by the Board in the Fellowship Hall. Church news, future plans, letters, financials, reports, and more.
- Artwork – We are fortunate to have many talented artists who lend their works of art to Unity’s Gallery! The artwork exhibited in the foyer, offices, and hallway is for sale by the artists. Informational labels are being prepared and will be posted soon. For now, please ask in the office if you are interested in the artist’s work and/or prices.
- Reserved Parking Spaces – Please honor the three newly designated Reserved Parking Spaces for handicap use. Thank you.
- Homeless Fund Donations – Remember the homeless and make a generous donation in the Donation Box in the sanctuary. The Little Red Wagon Courier Service distributes items of comfort and necessity every Saturday.
- Mid-Week Silent Unity Meditation Service – Thursdays – Noon-12:30pm
- Alcoholics Anonymous meetings – Thursdays and Saturdays – 7:00pm – Also: there is a meditation 6:00pm on Saturdays.
- Over-eaters Anonymous meeting – Fridays – 6:30pm
- Debtors Anonymous meeting – Sundays – 6:30pm
- Board Meeting – 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:00pm – church members may attend
- GUIDED MEDITATION AND DRUM CIRCLE – First Monday of each month: 6:30pm
- A Course in Miracles – group discussion – click link